Ingredients Needed for Salty Eclairs With Apple and Smoked Salmon
For the eclair dough:
1 cup milk
½ cup water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 ounces of butter
7 ounces of flour
white sesame seeds
For the filling:
1 apple, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
6 ounces of smoked salmon, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make Salty Eclairs With Apple and Smoked Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Heat a saucepan over low heat. Pour the milk, water, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter, and slowly mix with a spatula, so it can melt and be absorbed into the liquid.
- After it is melted, add the flour and incorporate it into the liquid. Stir, until you obtain a dry, golden dough. When it’s ready, add it in a mixer bowl.
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl, whisk, and pour them in the mixer bowl. Turn on your mixer and mix for 3-4 minutes, until smooth. Place the dough into a piping bag.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the dough with the piping bag, in about 3 inch (7.5 cm) long eclairs. Use all of the dough to make as many eclairs as you can.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the filling. Add the apple, onion, and smoked salmon, in a large bowl. Add lime juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Slice the eclairs through the middle, in halves, to make room for the filling. Fill them with salmon salsa and serve them with some shredded lime zest on top.