Ingredients Needed for Salt-Crusted Sea Bream With Potato Side
1 pound salt
1 sea bream, about 1 pound , cleaned and gutted
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Cook Salt-Crusted Sea Bream With Potato Side
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Add the potatoes in a saucepan full of simmering water. Boil them for about 15 minutes. Slice them in halves when ready.
- Add the salt in a large bowl with 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water. Mix it until it resembles wet snow.
- Slice the lemon and add a few slices inside the fish. Place a 0.8 inch (2 cm) layer of salt in a baking tray and add the fish on top. Cover it with the remaining salt, patting it and making sure there are no gaps.
- Bake the fish for the next 25 minutes.
- For the side: add the sliced potatoes in a baking tray. Add garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Finish with a touch of valerian leaves and bake them for 25 minutes.
- Remove the fish’s salt crust by hitting it with a spoon. Peel off the remaining skin. Pour some lemon juice on top before serving.