Ingredients Needed for Salmon With Parsnip Puree
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 medium-sized parsnip
1 medium-sized carrot
4 fresh thyme sprigs
7 ounces of salmon
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon butter
How to Cook Salmon With Parsnip Puree
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill it halfway with water. Add a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the parsnip, carrot, and 2 fresh thyme sprigs. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Lay the salmon in the skillet skin-side down. Fry it for 3 minutes on the side.
- Flip the salmon over. Mix the honey and mustard in a small bowl and brush it over the salmon. Top with fresh thyme sprigs, black sesame seeds and cook for 3 more minutes. Set it aside.
- In the meantime, add the boiled veggies in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the milk, parmesan, lemon zest, and blend everything until smooth. Make it creamier by adding a touch of butter. Blend again.
- Serve the salmon with the parsnip puree.