Calories: 732 kCal / serving
- 63 g
- 20 g
- 74 g
Ingredients Needed for Salmon With Lentil Couscous
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
5 ounces of red lentil
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
2 ounces of couscous
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 crushed garlic cloves
14 ounces of salmon fillet
How to Make Salmon With Lentil Couscous
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the chopped onion and cook it for 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour the vegetable stock and add the red lentils. If the lentils are not fully covered by the liquid, you can add some extra water. Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package.
- Next, add the couscous and the roasted bell pepper in a small bowl. Mix, cover it with hot water and let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Mix the couscous with the cooked lentils in a bowl, and season it with salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Add the red wine vinegar, honey, and crushed garlic in a bowl. Stir using a whisk.
Add the salmon pieces (you should have 2 or 4 pieces, for 2 servings) and coat them with this marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate the salmon for the next 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the salmon and cook it for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve the fried salmon with the lentil couscous! If you want, garnish with fresh parsley.