Ingredients Needed for Salmon and Sweet Corn Porridge
8 ounces salmon
1½ tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 rosemary sprigs
1 onion, minced
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
1 teaspoon garlic powder
14 ounces sweet corn (canned)
⅔ cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
⅔ cup vegetable stock
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
How to Cook Salmon and Sweet Corn Porridge
- Add the salmon fillet to a roomy baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 425⁰F/220⁰C.
- Add the remaining olive oil, 1 tablespoon of butter, and the rosemary sprigs to a pan over low heat. Cook and stir until the butter melts.
- Add the onion and celery. Cook and stir until tender. Pick up the rosemary sprigs and discard them.
- Add the ginger, season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in.
- Add the sweet corn and stir it in.
- Add the milk and 3/4 cup of heavy cream, stir, then bring to a boil.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree everything.
- Pull the cooked salmon meat apart. Discard the skin.
- Transfer the pureed corn mixture to a pot over low heat. Cook and stir while gradually adding the stock.
- Stir in the remaining heavy cream and add the pulled salmon.
- Add the goat cheese, then cook and stir for 3 more minutes.