Ingredients Needed for Salmon and Clam Chowder
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 celery sticks, chopped
1 leek, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
3 medium potatoes, cubed
100 millilitres of vermouth
2 cups of water
8 ounces of cooked salmon
7 ounces of clam meat
½ cup heavy cream
How to Make Salmon and Clam Chowder
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pot over low heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the celery and leek. Stir them in.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter, season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir them in.
- Add the potatoes and stir. Add the vermouth and the water, stir, cover with the lid and boil for 40 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Add the smoked salmon and clam meat, cover again and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, stir in, then flavor with more thyme, if you want. Serve warm.