Ingredients Needed for Salami and Mozzarella Braided Puff Pastry
1 puff pastry sheet
1 tablespoon flour
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
4 ounces of shredded mozzarella
4 tablespoons of milk
How to Make Salami and Mozzarella Braided Puff Pastry
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Flour your work space.
- Spread the puff pastry on the flour.
- In the middle third of the sheet, add the tomato sauce and half of the mozzarella.
- Add the salami, in a vertical line, over the tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Cut 11-12 strips from the puff pastry, perpendicular to the sauce, cheese, and salami, on both sides.
- Fold the strips over the filling, one from the left, one from the right, and so on.
- Remove the excess puff pastry.
- Whisk the egg, add milk, making egg wash.
- Use a brush to coat the pastry with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the pastry.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.