Ingredients Needed for Rustic Apple Pie
1 pound flour
5 tablespoons of sugar
7 ounces of butter
½ cup water
3 apples, sliced
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon apricot jam
1 whisked yolk
How to Cook Rustic Apple Pie
- Add the flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, some salt, and the butter to the dough mixer bowl and start mixing. Add the water in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the sliced apples to a bowl. Add the remaining sugar and the cinnamon to another, smaller bowl and mix them. Pour this mixture over the apples, mix until they’re evenly coated, then set them aside.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin and transfer it to a 9-inch tart pan. Poke holes in it with a fork.
- Spread the apricot jam over the dough. Add the coated apples grouping them more towards the middle part of the dough.
- Fold the dough’s edges inwards partially covering the apples. Coat the folded parts of the dough with the whisked yolk.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.