Rum and Berry Pie
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have fresh berries in the kitchen. If you want a fruit pie, you can make it with some frozen berries! Cook them on medium heat with rum, cinnamon, and walnuts. Put the mixture into a pie pan, with puff pastry on the bottom. It looks nice, it smells amazing, and it tastes even better!
Ingredients Needed for Rum and Berry Pie
10 ounces of berry, frozen
2 tablespoons of rum
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup walnut
1 puff pastry sheet
How to Make Rum and Berry Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet and cook the berries until soft.
- Add the rum and the cinnamon. Mix with a spoon.
- Crush the walnuts and add them to the berries.
- Cut 2/3 of the puff pastry sheet. Lay it into a rectangular baking tray (8 inch/20 cm length). Make sure there is about 0.5-inch/1.3 cm of the crust hanging over the side of the pan. Pour the berry mixture.
- Cut the remaining puff pastry into strips.
- Put, on length, 3-4 strips over the top of the pie filling, making sure you have space between each strip.
- Put, on width, 4-5 strips of puff pastry.
- Roll in the edges of the puff pastry.
- Whisk the egg and coat with it the pie, using a silicone brush.
- Bake for 35 minutes.