Ingredients Needed for Rum and Berry Pie
10 ounces of berry, frozen
2 tablespoons of rum
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup walnut
1 puff pastry sheet
How to Make Rum and Berry Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet and cook the berries until soft.
- Add the rum and the cinnamon. Mix with a spoon.
- Crush the walnuts and add them to the berries.
- Cut 2/3 of the puff pastry sheet. Lay it into a rectangular baking tray (8 inch/20 cm length). Make sure there is about 0.5-inch/1.3 cm of the crust hanging over the side of the pan. Pour the berry mixture.
- Cut the remaining puff pastry into strips.
- Put, on length, 3-4 strips over the top of the pie filling, making sure you have space between each strip.
- Put, on width, 4-5 strips of puff pastry.
- Roll in the edges of the puff pastry.
- Whisk the egg and coat with it the pie, using a silicone brush.
- Bake for 35 minutes.