Ingredients Needed for Rose Water Cookies
1 ½ cups of flour
7 ounces of butter
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of rose water
0/5 cup sugar
red food coloring
How to Cook Rose Water Cookies
- Add the flour and butter to a bowl and mix them using your hands.
- Add the egg yolks, rose water, vanilla extract, and half of the sugar. Mix them using a spatula. Add the rest of the sugar and mix a little more using your hands.
- Add half of this dough to another bowl and add 2-3 drops of liquid red food coloring. Mix well until the dough has a uniform color.
- Spread some flour on the workspace, knead the red colored dough a little and form it into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Do the same with the other half of dough.
- Flatten the red dough using a rolling pin and make 6 hearts using a heart-shaped cake form cutter.
- Flatten the normal dough and make 6 round shapes using a slightly bigger round cake form cutter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the round cookies on it. Cut out each one’s center using the heart-shaped cake form cutter. Insert in the empty space the red colored dough hearts.
Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.