Ingredients Needed for Rolled Turkey Breast With Fennel and Apple Stuffing
1 pound turkey breast
1 fennel stalk, diced
1 fennel bulb, diced
½ apple, diced
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
How to Make Rolled Turkey Breast With Fennel and Apple Stuffing
- Tenderize the meat:
- Wrap the turkey breast in plastic wrap and tenderize it using a kitchen mallet. Do this on both sides.
- Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the meat.
- For the fennel mix:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and add the diced fennel stalk and bulb. Cook them until tender.
- Add the diced apple, the tarragon, some salt and pepper, stir to mix all and remove from heat.
- Spread the fennel-apple mix on the tenderized meat.
- Make a roll and tie it up with twine.
- Preheat the vegetable oil to 400 degrees F / 200 degrees C.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a clean skillet, then fry the turkey roll on all sides until golden brown.
- Place the roll in a baking dish and drizzle some more vegetable oil on it.
- Roast for 45 minutes. When ready, let it rest for a few minutes.
- Cut and remove the twine. Slice the roll and serve.