Calories: 486 kCal / serving
- 20 g
- 55 g
- 20 g
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Rabbit Legs With Veggie Rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 rabbits legs, approx. 8 ounces each
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 mushrooms, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon rosemary
5 ounces of rice
½ cup white wine
¼ cup vegetable stock
3 ounces of peas
How to Make Roasted Rabbit Legs With Veggie Rice
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/180°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the rabbit legs and season them with salt and pepper. In the meantime, use a small bowl and mix together thyme, oregano, basil, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Use this mixture and spread it over the rabbit legs. The legs need to be seared in the pan for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Slide them in the oven for the next 40 minutes.
- For the side, add mushrooms and bell peppers in the same skillet that you’ve fried the rabbit in.
- Stir, and season the veggies with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add the rice. Pour the white wine and chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and cover with a lid for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas, and cook them together with the rice for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the rabbit legs from the oven and serve them with the veggie side.