2 pounds of pork neck
1 medium celery root, cut into 1/2-inch thick sticks
4 garlic cloves
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 cups of beer
- Place the pork neck on the work surface and season with salt and pepper. Rub in.
- Transfer to a roomy baking dish, then add the celery root, garlic, and basil. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with vegetable oil and add the beer, too.
- Cover all with aluminum foil and bake for 80 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Remove from oven. Pick the cooked celery root sticks and transfer them to a blender together with 1 – 2 tablespoons of pan drippings. Blend until smooth.
- Serve the pork neck sliced together with some cooked celery root sauce and a proper side-dish.