Ingredients Needed for Roasted Pork Leg With Apricot Glaze
1 whole pork leg, approximately 6 pounds (2.7 kg)
1 tablespoon olive oil
7 ounces of apricot jam
1 tablespoon mustard
How to Cook Roasted Pork Leg With Apricot Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Place the pork leg on your wooden surface.
- Score the meat in a criss-cross pattern around 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick. Rub the meat with salt and pepper on both sides. Insert cloves on the scored surfaces.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the meat on it. Drizzle the olive oil over the meat.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 30 minutes. In the meantime, mix the mustard and apricot jam in a small bowl.
- Take out the pork leg and spread a thin glaze of the apricot-mustard mix over it.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C.
- Slide the tray into the oven for 150 more minutes, brushing the pork with apricot glaze at every 30 minutes.