Ingredients Needed for Roasted Nuts and Lamb Pie
1 ounce peanut
1 ounce pumpkin seeds
1 ounce almond
1 tablespoon olive oil
9 ounces of lamb leg, thinly sliced
0.5 ounce butter
½ cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
½ puff pastry sheet, thawed
How to Cook Roasted Nuts and Lamb Pie
- Add the peanuts, pumpkin seeds, and almonds in a skillet and roast them for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the sliced lamb. Season it with salt, pepper, and cook it for 2 minutes per side.
- Melt the butter in the skillet, and pour the chicken stock, honey, and barbecue sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil, and pour in the toasted nuts. Keep cooking until the sauce reduces by half.
- Spread some flour on your working surface and line up your pastry. Fill it with the mixture, wrap it, and carefully secure it so you don’t lose any of the filling.
- Superficially score the top surface of the pie and cover it with mustard.
- Move the pie in a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and slide it into the oven for the next 25 minutes.