Ingredients Needed for Roasted Lamb Leg With Basil and Mint Pesto
1 basil bunch
1 mint bunch
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 lamb leg, around 3 pounds (1.4 kg)
½ lemon, sliced
How to Cook Roasted Lamb Leg With Basil and Mint Pesto
- You can start with the pesto sauce. Add the basil and mint in a blender. Add the garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Lay the lamb leg on a baking tray and generously rub it with salt and pepper. Spread half of the pesto with a brush over the meat. Top the leg with lemon slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 105 minutes.
- Thinly slice the roasted meat and serve it with the pesto sauce.