Ingredients Needed for Roasted Duck With Figs
1 duck, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 shallots, halved
3 carrots, peeled
½ celery, chopped
2 figs, quartered
How to Cook Roasted Duck With Figs
- Add the duck pieces to a baking dish and roast them for 20 minutes at 440⁰F/230⁰C.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over high heat and add the roasted duck pieces. Fry them for 5 minutes.
- Add the shallots, carrots, and celery, then turn the heat to low. Season with salt and pepper, mix and add the figs.
- Fill the pan halfway with water and add a few sprigs of thyme.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low heat for 90 minutes.
- Serve the duck with veggies, sprinkled with soup and garnished with raw figs and corn salad.