Ingredients Needed for Roasted Duck Leg With Mustard Mashed Potatoes
1 onion, sliced into quarters
2 red onions, sliced in halves
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 duck leg
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon honey
1 spring onion, chopped
½ cup mozzarella, shredded (optional)
How to Make Roasted Duck Leg With Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- First add the onions in a baking tray.
- Separately, add the chopped garlic in a bowl. Add the paprika powder, brown sugar, fresh thyme, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix with a fork.
- Place the duck leg on a wooden board and spread the mixture over it. Move it in the baking tray over the onions.
- Pour the remaining olive oil and white wine over it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can take care of the mashed potatoes.
- Mix the mustard, mayo, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, until smooth.
- Separately, mash the potato with a fork. Add the mustard and mayo mix, 1/2 of the spring onion and mix until all the ingredients combine with each other.
- Take the duck leg out of the oven and serve it next to the potato mash.