Ingredients Needed for Roasted Chicken Thighs With Crunchy Rice
2.5 ounces of black rice
2.5 ounces of brown rice
5 walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon pine nut
1 tablespoon mixed seeds
2 chicken thighs
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 rosemary sprig
8 basil leaves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces of dried apricot
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Cook Roasted Chicken Thighs With Crunchy Rice
- Fill a saucepan about half way with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add both types of rice and cook them according to the instructions on the package. Be careful because the cooking time may vary, so you should first add the rice that needs more time to cook. When the rice is cooked but still firm when bitten, drain it and set it aside.
- In the meantime, toast the walnuts, pine nuts, and seeds in a skillet for 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place the chicken thighs in a plastic bag. Add the white wine, and balsamic vinegar. Season with turmeric and curry. Add 3-4 basil leaves, the rosemary sprig, and seal the bag.
- Let the chicken marinate for the next hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet into the oven for the next 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the apricots and the remaining basil and place them over the rice, in a large bowl. Add the toasted nuts and pour a drop of olive oil. Mix everything.
- Place the rice on a plate, serving as a bed for the roasted chicken thighs!