Roasted Carp With Polenta
Fish always works great next to some polenta as a side dish. This recipe of polenta includes the use of butter and parmesan, giving it a richer and creamier consistency.
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Carp With Polenta
2 carp steaks, around 10 ounces each
1 tablespoon olive oil
7 cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 lemon, quartered
1 cup cornmeal
3 cups of water
½ ounce butter
1 ounce parmesan, shredded
How to Make Roasted Carp With Polenta
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Place the carp steaks in a baking tray
- Drizzle them with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add the cherry tomatoes, lemon, and 2-3 garlic cloves.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add a pinch of salt. Slowly add the cornmeal into the boiling water, stirring constantly with a whisk, until there are no lumps. Add the butter and shredded parmesan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook the polenta, stirring often, until thickens, about 5-6 minutes.