Ingredients Needed for Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
1 butternut squash, approximately 2 pounds
0.5 ounce ginger, sliced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
⅓ cup vegetable stock
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Remove the skin of the butternut squash and dice it.
- Slice the shallot.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the diced squash, shallot, and ginger over it.
- Season with salt, pepper, and pour the vegetable oil.
- Roast the veggies for the next 35 minutes. Don’t turn off the heat, and reduce it to 350°F/175°C.
- Place the roasted veggies in a blender and pour the vegetable stock. Blend, add the shredded mozzarella and microwave the mash for 1 minute to melt the cheese.