Ingredients Needed for Roasted Butternut Squash and Potato Cream Soup
1 pound butternut squash, cubed
1 large potato, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
3 cups of vegetable stock
How to Cook Roasted Butternut Squash and Potato Cream Soup
- Add the cubed veggies in a large bowl.
- Season them with salt, pepper, and pour a small drizzle of olive oil. Mix well.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter in it and melt it. Add the vegetable oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the veggies for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the roasted veggies into the skillet.
- Pour the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Next, move everything into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Optionally, serve the soup with sour cream!