Ingredients Needed for Roast Chicken With Minty Green Sauce
1 whole chicken
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 ounces of butter
2 spring onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, diced
½ red chili, finely chopped
5 ounces of spinach
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 ounce mint leaves
1 ounce fresh parsley
How to Make Roast Chicken With Minty Green Sauce
- Add the chicken to a baking dish. Coat and rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the spring onion, garlic, and chili. Stir in and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach. Cook and stir until wilted.
- Transfer to a blender and add the vinegar, mint, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and blend until you have a sauce.
- Serve the chicken with green sauce.