Calories: 716 kCal / serving
- 68 g
- 36 g
- 29 g
Ingredients Needed for Roast Chicken With Apple and Grape Stuffing
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup walnuts
8 ounces of goat cheese
1 fresh rosemary sprig, chopped
1 whole chicken
5 garlic cloves
1 apple, wedged
8 ounces of red grapes
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 cups of apple cider
How to Make Roast Chicken With Apple and Grape Stuffing
- Put a skillet over low heat and add the honey and the walnuts. Stir and cook them until the honey starts sizzling.
- Use a bowl to add the goat cheese, honey cooked nuts, and rosemary. Mix them.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish and start to loosen its skin to make room in there for some filling. Salt it and pepper it.
- Fill the space under the chicken’s skin with the goat cheese mix. Reserve around 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture for later.
- Stuff the chicken with the rest of the mix, adding also the garlic, 1/2 wedged apple and half of red grapes.
- Place the remaining grapes alongside the chicken. Add the apple. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a brush to coat the chicken with the melted butter. Spread the rest of the goat cheese mix on top of the chicken and truss it.
- Roast the chicken for 90 minutes at 350⁰ F/175⁰ C.
- Pour the apple cider into a cooking pot and bring it to a boil.
- Pour it over the roasted chicken just after removing it from the oven.