Ingredients Needed for Risotto Primavera
For the greens:
3 ounces of butter
4 asparagus sticks
3 ounces of green peas
For the risotto:
½ white onion
0.5 celery stick
2 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup arborio rice
⅓ cup white wine
½ cup chicken stock
0.5 ounce parmesan, grated
How to Cook Risotto Primavera
- First, make the risotto:
- Dice the onion and the celery stick.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, on low-medium heat.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix it with the butter.
- Add the onion and cook it until translucent. Then add the celery. Mix and braise until the vegetables soften.
- Add the Arborio rice. Continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. The rice should be well-coated with butter.
- Add the white wine and mix. Cook until the wine reduces by half.
- Add the chicken stock. Mix and cook for several minutes, or until the rice absorbs the liquid.
- When the rice is ready, add the grated parmesan over it and mix.
- In the meantime, chop the asparagus bottoms, but keep the tops unbroken.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes.
- Melt 2 ounces (55 grams) of butter in a skillet.
- Add the chopped asparagus to the skillet, then the zucchini, and green peas. Mix.
- Add the asparagus tops, cut into halves (lengthwise). Stir until the vegetables are well-coated with butter.
- Add the risotto, then the remaining butter and mix.
- Before serving this dish, grate some more parmesan on top.