Ingredients Needed for Ricotta Filo Tart With Figs and Rum
2 ounces butter
7 tablespoons honey
4 phyllo sheets
2 gelatin sheets
1 pound ricotta
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ ounce rum
3 figs, quartered
How to Cook Ricotta Filo Tart With Figs and Rum
- Add the butter to a pot over low heat and melt it while continuously stirring.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of honey, then cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Coat a tart pan with sweetened melted butter, then layer and coat the phyllo sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Fill a smaller bowl with water and add the 2 gelatin sheets to it. Soak them for 10 minutes or so.
- Add the ricotta, vanilla extract, and rum to a pot. Mix until even.
- Remove the baked phyllo from the oven and let it cool.
- Fill it with the ricotta mixture and evenly spread it.
- Top with coconut flakes and figs, then serve.