Ingredients Needed for Ricotta and Spinach Lattice Pie
2 tablespoons of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pound baby spinach
¼ cup grated parmesan
5 fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon milk
7 ounces of ricotta
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
How to Cook Ricotta and Spinach Lattice Pie
- Place a deep skillet or a wok on the stove, on medium heat. Melt the butter in it. Keep 1 teaspoon of butter for later use.
- Add the garlic and baby spinach, then season with salt. Stir and cook until the spinach wilts, then add it to a bowl.
- Add the grated parmesan, break and add the fresh mint leaves, add the milk, ricotta, egg, lemon zest, then mix everything.
- Grease a ceramic baking pan (8-inch/22 cm diameter) with butter.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut 6 long strips of it. Use the remaining one to add to the bottom and edges of the baking pan. Fill the pan with the spinach and ricotta mixture. Use the strips to make a lattice pattern. Remove the excess pastry, then fold in the edges.
- Coat the lattice pie with egg wash, then bake it for 60 minutes at 360˚F/180˚C.