Ingredients Needed for Rice Balls
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 spring onions s, chopped
1 cup arborio rice
1 cup white wine
1 cup vegetable stock
0.5 ounce butter
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup peas
½ cup parmesan, shredded
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs, whisked
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Rice Balls
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the rice.
- Stir, and pour the white wine and vegetable stock.
- Bring it to a boil to let the liquid evaporate. Shred lemon zest and add the butter. Season with oregano, pepper, add peas, and shredded parmesan.
- Cook everything for 2-3 more minutes. Pinch off a piece of the rice mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small ball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue to shape the rice balls until you’ve used all of the rice.
- Coat them with whisked egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the rice balls for the next 2-3 minutes, until golden and crispy.