Ingredients Needed for Ribeye Steak With Gratin Dauphinois
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 steaks s, approximately 7 ounces each
4 garlic cloves
4 oreganos sprigs, fresh
4 sage leaves, fresh
4 potatoes, thinly sliced
7 ounces of sour cream
1 teaspoon butter
1 onion, julienne sliced
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Ribeye Steak With Gratin Dauphinois
- You better start with the side.
- For the side, heat water in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add salt, then add the potato slices and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl and season them with salt and pepper. Whisk them until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and whisk until smooth. Season with nutmeg and whisk again.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Evenly spread the butter on the bottom of a square glass baking dish (8 inches/20 cm side). Crush 2 garlic cloves and also spread them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the tray. Add some onion, mozzarella, sour cream sauce, and fresh thyme. Use the ingredients to make 2 more layers.
- Cook the potatoes for the next 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add 2 garlic cloves and the steaks. Top them with sage and oregano.
- Cook them for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the steaks with gratin dauphinois.