3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 cup red wine
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
⅓ cup beef stock
1 pound rib eye beef, 2 steaks
½ cup porcini, rehydrated
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and cook the red onion until it softens.
- Add the red wine, red wine vinegar, beef stock, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet.
- Season the rib eye steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay them in the skillet and fry them for 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Take another skillet and heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it. Cook the rehydrated porcini mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine sauce on them and cook further for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid reduces to a thick sauce.
- Serve the rib eye steaks with the red wine sauce.