Rhubarb-Wrapped Pineapple Cheesecake
This lovely-looking cheesecake makes for a great creamy dessert. Rhubarb strips’ sour tang is a welcomed addition to the cake’s sweetness. Its mascarpone and whipped cream filling, upgraded by juicy pineapple, is rich and refreshing.
Ingredients Needed for Rhubarb-Wrapped Pineapple Cheesecake
For the base: :
7 ounces of digestive biscuits
4 ounces of room temperature butter
1 tablespoon sugar
For the cream mixture:
⅓ cup pineapple juice
½ tablespoon gelatin powder
1 cup pineapple, mashed
⅔ cup powdered sugar
2 ½ cups of whipped cream
2 ½ cups of mascarpone
For the topping:
4 rhubarbs sticks
2 tablespoons of sugar
How to Make Rhubarb-Wrapped Pineapple Cheesecake
- For the base:
Add the biscuits, butter, and sugar to a mixer. Season with salt and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to a 7 x 2 inch (18 x 5 cm) cake pan. Evenly spread it, then press gently using a spatula. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the cream mixture:
Mix the pineapple juice with the powdered gelatin in a small bowl.
- Add the pineapple puree and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix until even. Add the whipped cream, mascarpone, and the pineapple mixture. Mix more until even.
- Transfer the cream mixture to the cake pan and spread it evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For the topping:
Cut the rhubarb sticks lengthwise into strips using a peeler. Add it to a halfway water-filled cooking pot over low-medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the rhubarb strips from the pot, drain them, and lay them on paper towels. Let them drain for 15 minutes.
- Carefully place the cake on the work surface. Cover it with the rhubarb strips, then trim them using a pair of scissors. Enjoy!