Ingredients Needed for Rhubarb Mousse
1 cup heavy cream
3.5 ounces of powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon sugar
6 ounces of rhubarb, diced
1 tablespoon cognac
1 tablespoon lime zest
How to Make Rhubarb Mousse
- Place the heavy cream into the mixer bowl.
- Set the mixer at medium speed and start mixing it. Add the powdered sugar and egg yolks.
- Mix it until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sugar and the rhubarb. Add the cognac and lime zest.
- Cook the rhubarb over low heat for around 10 minutes. When it’s ready, add it in a tall glass container. Strain it to obtain a smooth, clear liquid. Mix the obtained sauce with the heavy cream mixture.
- Freeze it before serving it!