Ingredients Needed for Rhubarb Lentil Soup
⅔ cup red lentils
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 rhubarb stalks, chopped
3 cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
dill for garnishing
How to Cook Rhubarb Lentil Soup
- Add the lentils to a bowl and cover them with hot water. Let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a pot over low heat. Add the onion and carrots. Stir in for 30 seconds.
- Add the rhubarb. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, then add the soaked lentils.
- Season with salt, add the chicken stock, stir, cover with the lid and boil for 25 minutes.
- Transfer about 1/2 of the cooked veggies to a blender and blend them. Transfer the blend back into the pot, mix and serve with heavy cream and dill.