Ingredients Needed for Red Velvet Cake Roll
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
1 ½ cups of flour
2 teaspoons of red food coloring
How to Cook Red Velvet Cake Roll
- Add the sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Set up your mixer at high speed and start mixing the butter and sugar. When the sugar is absorbed, add the egg and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, and mix until the mixture is smooth, and has the aspect of crumbles.
- Use your hands and shape the dough, until firm and smooth. Give it a round shape, and slice it in halves.
- Grab one of the halves and place it in a bowl. Make room in the middle and pour the red food coloring.
- Mix with a tablespoon until all of the dough has a smooth red color.
- Cover the dough with foil and level it until smooth, using a rolling pin. Do the same with the separate dough.
- Place the dough pieces one on top of the other. Start from the end closest to you and roll towards the opposite end. Coat the dough with colored sprinkles and refrigerate it for the next couple of hours.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and slice it in 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and lay the slices on it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 10 minutes.