Ingredients Needed for Red Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
3 sweet potatoes
5 ounces of canned red beans
1 large tomato, diced
½ teaspoon cumin powder
¼ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
How to Cook Red Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Prick them with a fork to allow the air to be released when baking them. Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the canned red beans, diced tomato, cumin, allspice, fresh parsley, and some salt in a bowl. Mix to combine them all.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove them from the oven and let them cool a little. Use a spoon to scoop out the top and remove some flesh to make room for the filling.
- Fill the sweet potatoes with the red bean mixture. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.