Calories: 504 kCal / serving
- 20 g
- 25 g
- 54 g
Ingredients Needed for Ratatouille Spaghetti
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
½ eggplant, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
2 bay leaves
⅔ cup tomato sauce
fresh parsley, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
5 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
2 ounces of parmesan, for serving
How to Make Ratatouille Spaghetti
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and cook the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and thyme. Stir and cook until the onion softens.
- Add the bell pepper, stir and cover the skillet. Cook until they soften, then add the eggplant, zucchini, and season with salt.
- Add the bay leaves and tomato sauce. Stir, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the time’s up, add the fresh parsley and cherry tomatoes. Stir, cook for a few more minutes, then set aside.
- Bring a large pot with water to a boil. Add salt. Cook the whole wheat spaghetti for 10-12 minutes. Strain the cooked pasta, but keep some of the water they were cooked into.
- Add the cooked spaghetti in the remaining salt water, add olive oil, sherry vinegar, and wholegrain mustard. Stir well.
- Serve the whole grain spaghetti with ratatouille veggie sauce. Top with grated parmesan.