Ingredients Needed for Raspberry Meringue Cake
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup olive oil
½ cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups of water
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
12 ounces of raspberry, fresh
How to Cook Raspberry Meringue Cake
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Put the yolks in a kitchen aid and mix for about 1 minute, until they are yellow pale and fluffy.
- While your mixer is working, add the sugar, olive oil and milk. Continue to mix the ingredient for another minute.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour with baking powder. Then, add them to the kitchen aid and mix until you get a smooth and shiny batter.
- Grease with butter a springform pan (12 inches/32 cm diameter). Pour the batter in it and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the water in a large pot, on medium heat.
- Add 1 cup (110 grams) of powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and you get a slightly thick sugar syrup.
- When the cake is baked, set it aside to cool down. Then, use a toothpick to prick it.
- Using a spoon, add the sugar syrup all over the cake. The liquid will make the cake moist and soft.
- Top the cake with the raspberries.
- Make the meringue: put the egg whites in the kitchen aid bowl, sprinkle some salt and start mixing.
- When the egg whites form soft peaks, gradually start adding the remaining cup of powdered sugar.
- Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over the egg whites.
- When the egg whites are stiff peak – the peaks hold firmly, and the mixture is thick and heavy – the meringue is ready.
- Top the cake with the meringue. If you want, add some chocolate decorations.