Ingredients Needed for Raspberry and Mascarpone Tart
For the crust:
6 ounces of butter
¾ cup sugar
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
For the raspberry jam:
10 ounces of frozen raspberry
3 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of corn starch
¼ cup water
For the milk mixture:
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
3 tablespoons of sugar
¼ cup milk
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the mascarpone mixture:
7 ounces of mascarpone
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon gelatin
How to Make Raspberry and Mascarpone Tart
- In a larger bowl add the butter and sugar and mix them using a spatula or a tablespoon.
- Add the egg and mix using a hand mixer.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix using a spatula at the beginning then use your hands to knead the mixture until you get a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Flour your workspace and flatten the dough, using a rolling pin.
- Coat a cake form with the flattened dough and trim its edges using a knife. Dock the dough, using a fork.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes at 340⁰ F/170⁰ C.
- For the raspberry jam:
Add the frozen raspberries to the blender and blend them.
- Add them to a cooking pot over low heat, add the sugar, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Use a small bowl and a teaspoon to mix together the cornstarch and the water.
- Add this mixture to the cooking pot, stir and cook for another minute.
- Pour the raspberry mixture over the crust and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Step one for the milk mixture: use a smaller bowl and mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and milk. Set aside.
- Step two for the milk mixture: Add the milk to a cooking pot over low heat. Add the vanilla extract and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch, sugar and milk mixture to the pot. Whisk and bring the mixture to a slow boil.
- For the mascarpone mixture: use a bigger bowl to add the mascarpone and the powdered sugar. Mix them using a tablespoon.
- Add the cooked milk mixture and continue to mix until you get a smooth cream. Set it aside.
- Use yet another bowl, to mix the gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Pour some water into a cooking pot over medium heat and place the bowl with the gelatin over it so that its bottom does not touch the water surface. Cook the gelatin, until it’s completely melted.
- Pour the gelatin mix into the mascarpone mixture and mix them together. Leave the mixture to cool completely.
- Add this mascarpone mixture over the raspberry jam. Grate over it some milk chocolate. Serve it topped with red currants.