Ingredients Needed for Raspberry and Chocolate Mousse
7 ounces of dark chocolate
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
9 ounces of raspberries
3-4 egg whites
How to Make Raspberry and Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the dark chocolate using the bain-marie method. Fill a pot with water, place it on the stove and when the water starts boiling, place a bowl on top of it. The bowl should not be immersed in the boiling water. Broke the chocolate into pieces and add them to the bowl. Stir until it melts.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk the yolks and the whipping cream into the melted chocolate.
- Mash the raspberries and combine them with the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the egg whites gradually into the chocolate mixture. Stir slowly with a spatula until you incorporate all the egg whites into the chocolate.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse to 2 small bowls and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.