Calories: 594 kCal / serving
- 46 g
- 10 g
- 41 g
Ingredients Needed for Rainbow Swirl Cake7 ounces of butter, room temperature ⅔ cup white sugar 4 eggs 7 ounces of flour 1 cup cream cheese ½ cup powdered sugar ½ teaspoon vanilla extract ½ teaspoon brown sugar 1 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce
How to Make Rainbow Swirl Cake
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Put 3.5 ounces (100 grams) butter in your stand mixer bowl.
- Turn on the mixer. Add the sugar and whip the mixture until the sugar melts.
- Add the eggs and whip further.
- Add the flour gradually until you make a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter equally into 3 bowls.
- Add 4-5 drops of blue food coloring in the first bowl, and 4-5 drops of red food coloring in the second one. The third bowl doesn’t need food coloring.
- Use separate piping bags to drop the batter into a cake pan with a detachable bottom (7 inches/18 cm diameter). Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter, one color at a time, in the middle of the pan. Repeat the process with different colors, like you’re making a rainbow. Be sure you can make 2 separate thin cakes.
- Bake each one of them for 30 minutes. When ready, let them cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, to make a frosting.
- Place one rainbow cake on a large plate. Spread cream cheese on it, then add the second rainbow cake and top it with another layer of cream cheese. Also cover the cake edges, then add sprinkles.
- You can serve the rainbow swirl cake right away or let it rest for 1 hour. Enjoy!