Ingredients Needed for Ragu Napoletano
1 pork sausage
5 ounces of pork neck
5 ounces of beef sirloin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 bay leaves
1 ½ cups of red wine
1 onion, chopped
1 ½ cups of canned tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 ounce fresh basil
How to Cook Ragu Napoletano
- Thickly slice the sausage, pork and beef. Season the meats with salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan on a medium-high heat. Add the sausage, pork and beef and cook them for 4-5 minutes, until the meat has turned opaque.
- Add the bay leaves and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add 1 cup of red wine and the chopped onion and bring everything to a boil, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the canned tomatoes and continue to cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the remaining wine with the tomato paste and pour it over the Ragu. Give the ingredients a good stir.
- Add the fresh basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and let the Ragu simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Ragu is commonly served with pasta.