Ingredients Needed for Rabbit Breast and Mushroom Tagliatelle
2 rabbit breast fillets, approx. 3.5 ounces each
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ onion, chopped
8 mushrooms, sliced
½ cup white wine
½ cup vegetable stock
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon mustard
7 ounces of cooked tagliatelle
How to Cook Rabbit Breast and Mushroom Tagliatelle
- Place the rabbit fillets on your wooden board and season them with salt and pepper. Roll them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the rabbit fillets and cook them for 7-8 minutes per side.
- Separately, heat the remaining oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them for 4-6 minutes.
- Add the white wine and season with fresh thyme. Next, add the vegetable stock, juice from half a lemon, the heavy cream, mustard, and the rabbit rolls. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Add parsley and then let the sauce to reduce by half. Add the cooked tagliatelle, give it a good stir, and keep the pan on the heat for 1 more minute.