Ingredients Needed for Quinoa Fruit Salad with Toasted Coconut Flakes
⅓ cup quinoa
1 1/4 cup water
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ cup coconut flakes
1 kiwi, sliced
1 tablespoon blackberries
1 tablespoon blueberries
How to Cook Quinoa Fruit Salad with Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Add the quinoa in a large bowl and pour 1 cup of water over it. Let it soak for 30 minutes. When the time’s up, drain the excess water using a strainer.
- Add the remaining water and the milk in a saucepan, then place it over medium heat. Add the brown sugar.
- When the liquid starts simmering, add the soaked quinoa, and whisk for 1-2 minutes. Leave it aside so that the quinoa absorbs the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the coconut flakes over it, in an even layer. Bake the flakes for the next 5 minutes.
- Make sure the quinoa is soft and then strain it well, to remove the excess liquid.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa in a bowl, then add the coconut flakes, combine them with a fork.
- Top the bowl with kiwi, blackberries, and blueberries.