Ingredients Needed for Quinoa-Filled Pumpkins
3 teaspoons of olive oil
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup quinoa
10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ leek, white part only, thinly sliced
1 thyme sprig
2 rosemary sprigs
¼ cup white wine
How to Cook Quinoa-Filled Pumpkins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Slice off the top of the pumpkins and remove their seeds, making room for the filling.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil inside each of them and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the pumpkins on top. Cook them for the next 30 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and pour the vegetable stock.
- Bring it to a boil and add the quinoa. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed. This will take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Next heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook them for 1 minute. Add the crushed garlic and leek. Season with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the white wine and add the quinoa. Cook everything for 2-3 more minutes.
- Use the filling to stuff the pumpkins.