Ingredients Needed for Quinoa Crusted Leek Pie
1 cup quinoa
½ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
pink himalayan salt
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 leek, green and pale green parts only
1 teaspoon thyme
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 egg whites
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
1 tomato, sliced
How to Make Quinoa Crusted Leek Pie
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Add the quinoa in a glass baking dish and slide it into the oven for the next 20 minutes. Don’t turn off the heat after it’s ready.
- Add half of it in a blender and blend it until smooth. Mix the 2 types of quinoa in a large bowl. Add the almond flour, cornstarch and a pinch of salt. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 egg.
- Mix everything with a wooden spatula.
- Add the quinoa in a glass baking dish and press it well on the bottom and sides. You should obtain a thick layer of quinoa, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Slide it into the oven for the next 20 minutes. Don’t turn off the oven.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leek, thyme, garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook everything for 3 minutes.
- Add the leek in a large bowl. Mix it with egg whites with shredded parmesan.
- Add the mixture to the roasted quinoa. Evenly lay the tomato slices. Slide the tray into the oven for the next 20 minutes.