Quinoa and Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
If burgers are appealing to you but you don’t eat meat, we have a solution! This quinoa and sweet potato patty burger is a vegetarian’s dream! It’s nutritious, well-seasoned and extremely tasty. You won’t regret making it!
Ingredients Needed for Quinoa and Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
1 ounce butter
¼ cup milk
2 ounces of quinoa
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon crushed pecan nut
1 tablespoon maple syrup
vegetable oil for cooking
3 burger buns
1 red onion
3 ounces of feta cheese
How to Make Quinoa and Sweet Potato Veggie Burger
- Boil water in a saucepan, with some salt.
- Boil the sweet potato in it, until it’s easy to stab with a fork.
- Boil water in another saucepan and cook the quinoa in it.
- Mash the potato with butter, 1/4 cup milk, and a pinch of salt, until it’s creamy.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Melt half of the butter in the skillet.
- Add the mashed sweet potato and the boiled quinoa in the skillet.
- Add the paprika powder, crushed pecan nuts, and maple syrup.
- Cook for a little while.
- Take the mixture and shape it into 3 patties.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet and fry the patties on each side.
- Cut the burger buns in half.
- On the bottom halves add a sweet potato and quinoa patty, some tomato, cucumber, and red onion slices.
- Add the top half of the buns and you’re good to go!