Ingredients Needed for Quinoa and Broccoli Burger
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces of broccoli, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 cup quinoa, cooked
⅓ cup cheddar, shredded
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1.5 ounces of oat flakes
9 burger buns
4 red cabbage leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 cucumbers, sliced
How to Cook Quinoa and Broccoli Burger
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent.
- Add the broccoli and season with garlic, oregano, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, and cook everything for 2 minutes.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk it. Add the cooked quinoa over it. Add Cheddar, walnuts, and oat flakes. Mix until smooth. Add the onion and broccoli mixture and combine all the ingredients.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 9 burger patties, making them around 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the patties over it.
- Cook the quinoa patties for the next 20 minutes.
- Now start assembling the burgers: top the bottom bun with red cabbage leaf, 1 quinoa patty, tomato and cucumber slices, then finally top it with the other half of the bun. Make the same for the remaining quinoa patties.