Ingredients Needed for Quiche Lorraine
2 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon sugar
7 ounces of butter
¼ cup water
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup melted butter
4 ounces of bacon, diced
1 spring onion, chopped
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Quiche Lorraine
- Add the flour, sugar, and butter to a mixer. Season with salt and begin to mix. Gradually add the water in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Wrap it in plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream, and melted butter to a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Keep adding the bacon and spring onion. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix until even.
- Flatten the dough and place it into a tart pan, pressing on the bottom and edges. Prick the pastry with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven, pour the egg and bacon mixture inside, then bake for 35 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.