In 25 minutes, you can prepare a finger-licking pancake dessert that will leave your guests in awe. Flavor the flour with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to taste, and sweeten it with brown sugar. Toss into the egg-milk batter some pumpkin puree and voila! Fry your pancakes in some butter. It’s that simple. Serve with maple syrup or any other syrup you like. Told you it’s simple.
Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Pancakes
1 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅔ cup milk
2 tablespoons of butter (6 teaspoons)
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger powder, and brown sugar to a bowl. Season with nutmeg and salt, then whisk shortly until even. Set aside.
- Add the pumpkin puree and eggs to a bowl. Mix them until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk. Mix some more. Add the flour mixture and keep mixing until you have a smooth and even batter.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a skillet over low to medium heat. Add 1 ladle (1/3 to 1/2 cup) of batter. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Do the same with the remaining batter, taking care to melt 1 teaspoon of butter before cooking each pancake. We’ve ended up with 9 pancakes.