Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Pancakes
1 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅔ cup milk
2 tablespoons of butter (6 teaspoons)
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger powder, and brown sugar to a bowl. Season with nutmeg and salt, then whisk shortly until even. Set aside.
- Add the pumpkin puree and eggs to a bowl. Mix them until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk. Mix some more. Add the flour mixture and keep mixing until you have a smooth and even batter.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a skillet over low to medium heat. Add 1 ladle (1/3 to 1/2 cup) of batter. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Do the same with the remaining batter, taking care to melt 1 teaspoon of butter before cooking each pancake. We’ve ended up with 9 pancakes.