Ingredients Needed for Pulled Pork
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 pounds of pork knuckle
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
½ cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon water
How to Cook Pulled Pork
- You can start with the spice mix. Add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, paprika powder, sugar, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Mix everything and leave them aside.
- Next, add the ketchup in a separate bowl. Add mustard, red wine vinegar, chili sauce, worchestershire, and mix until smooth.
- Place the pork knuckle on your wooden surface. Score it a few times and rub half of the spice mix over it, making sure it is evenly covered. Drizzle it with olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork knuckle and cook it until golden on all sides. Add the bourbon and flambee it.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C.
- Separately, heat the remaining oil in a separate skillet. Add the onion, the sauce, white wine vinegar, and the remaining spice mix.
- Stir, pour the chicken stock and a touch of water. Cook until it reduces by half.
- Place the pork knuckle on your baking tray. Add the sauce and cover it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 4 hours.
- The meat should be fork tender. Use a fork and take all of the meat out of the bone.