Pulled pork is a mouthwatering ingredient, but we bet you’ve never served it homemade! The secret to savory, tender pulled pork is letting it cook for 4 hours into the oven, making the meat fall right off the bone. Next, you can serve it into your favorite dishes, like tacos, burgers, or even pizzas!
Ingredients Needed for Pulled Pork
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 pounds of pork knuckle
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
½ cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon water
How to Make Pulled Pork
- You can start with the spice mix. Add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, paprika powder, sugar, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Mix everything and leave them aside.
- Next, add the ketchup in a separate bowl. Add mustard, red wine vinegar, chili sauce, worchestershire, and mix until smooth.
- Place the pork knuckle on your wooden surface. Score it a few times and rub half of the spice mix over it, making sure it is evenly covered. Drizzle it with olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork knuckle and cook it until golden on all sides. Add the bourbon and flambee it.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C.
- Separately, heat the remaining oil in a separate skillet. Add the onion, the sauce, white wine vinegar, and the remaining spice mix.
- Stir, pour the chicken stock and a touch of water. Cook until it reduces by half.
- Place the pork knuckle on your baking tray. Add the sauce and cover it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 4 hours.
- The meat should be fork tender. Use a fork and take all of the meat out of the bone.